Technically, I made this with CSA box stuff, so it counts, right?
Shrimp stir fry
1 pound shrimp, thawed if frozen
2/3 cup chicken broth
4 teaspoons sherry
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
sprinkling red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy, less if you don’t)
2 large cloves minced garlic
1 1/2″ section minced fresh ginger root
1 bag frozen snap pea (TM) stir fry veggie mix
1. Boil a large pot of water. Either peel your shrimp now, or wait until they are cooked.
2. Boil shrimp for 2 minutes. Not longer (in fact, shorter would be better if you had to choose). Drain. Peel if you haven’t already.
3. In a small bowl, mix together broth, rice wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and pepper. Set aside.
4. Heat some oil in a large skillet over high heat. Stir in garlic and ginger for a bit, then shrimp and shortly thereafter, veggies. Heat through.
5. Add sauce and cook until heated through and sauce thickens.
If I make this again, I won’t cook the shrimp first. I’ll peel them and cook directly in with the garlic and ginger. Afterall, shrimp cook fast.