I have about a gazillion squash to work through. Here’s one recipe that was actually edible. The base recipe is from the Harmony Valley recipe resource, but I made it my own.
Baked Festival Squash
1 Festival squash, halved
dried sweetened cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cut squash in half and scoop out the innards. Score the insides of each half several times with a sharp knife.
3. Put the cranberries in the bottom of the cleaned out center, then the nuts. Top with a few pats of butter, three fit well in mine. Sprinkle with salt and top with brown sugar.
4. Put both halves in a medium baking pan (my 11 x 9″ worked well) cut side up and add a bit of water to the bottom so that the skins don’t burn the squash doesn’t get dried out. 1/4-1/2″ water should work well.
5. Bake 1 hour or until tender when flesh is poked with a fork.
6. Remove from oven and let cool a little before serving.