I couldn’t tell you how this tastes yet, but it sure looks pretty. And used quite a few things I have hanging around.
Edited to add: this tasted awesome! And will likely make it into the ‘make again’ pile.
Side note: Turns out our three season porch is a true three season porch. As in all my CSA stuff I’ve had sitting out there froze. *sigh*
Tarragon Turkey Soup
This recipe is adapted from this recipe and one of the comments.
I like chopping almost everything up before I start cooking, so that’s how I’ve written the directions.
1. Chop one smallish/medium red onion and set aside.
2. Chop one large clove of garlic. Set aside.
3. Chop up one parsnip, one turnip, 6 small carrots, 6 small red potatoes. Set aside and top with 2T dried tarragon.
4. Heat a couple tablespoons of oil and cook 10oz-ish of ground turkey and the onion. Cook to the turkey being cooked through.
5. Add the garlic and cook a minute or two.
6. Add the other veggies and top to covering with chicken stock.
7. Cook until the potatoes are done.
Add salt when serving.
I’ll come back and let you know how it tastes (and make any edits for the cooking process).