With this next set of 10, I think pears might be making their way into my usual fruit rotation. I really liked the packham’s and d’anjou pears. I’m really enjoying this project and it’s been fun to get some of my coworkers involved. One has bought me fruits twice now that I haven’ tried, which I think is awesomely sweet. I also think I’m going to need to keep this list on both my fridge and office door so that I can remember better what I’ve had.
30. Packham’s Triumph pear
28. Rainier cherries (we think)
27. Red Anjou Pear
26. Asian pear (which will not be making it’s way into my usual rotation) **turns out the one I had likely wasn’t ripe enough, I’ve been advised to try one again, but make sure it’s ripe.
25. Bell pepper (red)
24. D’anjou pear
22. Black plum
21. Red Plum
20. green seedless grapes
19. grape tomatoes
18. Blueberries (crappy blueberries, but none the less, they still count)
17. Avocado (though the one I had in Costa Rica was *WAY* better)
16. vine on tomato
12. Navel orange
10. Seedless red grapes
9. passion fruit
6. Banana – Oh, so THIS is what a banana tastes like!
3. Plum – Honestly, I’m not sure I’ve ever had a plum before. Shame because I might actually like ‘em.
Filed under: 500 fruits |