I wasn’t sure what side to put with the nut crusted pork last night, and I wasn’t really in the mood for salad. So I went half primal. I made a veggie stir fry to be served over rice. The SO had his serving of carbs, while I was able to minimize it and eat more veggies.
Owens Veggie Stir Fry on Allrecipes.com served as my inspiration.
1. Chop up half of a large bell pepper, one large carrot and one yellow summer squash. Set aside.
2. Chop up 2 cloves of garlic and those random left over green onions you have sitting in the bottom of the vegetable drawer.
3. Mix together 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 2 T water.
4. To that add 1 T soy sauce, 2T sesame oil, 2 t brown sugar and 1 t siracha. Set aside.
5. Heat up your skillet, add a bit of cooking fat (in my world this is currently bacon fat).
6. Saute the onions and garlic to your liking.
7. Add the veggies and saute until done to your liking. The squash will cook quicker than the carrots.
8. When the veggies are done, turn off the burner and add the liquid mixture, stirring well. Serve by itself if you’re watching carbs, or over rice if thats your thing.